Date: September 18 - October 9, 2009
Call for Entry Deadline: June 19, 2009
1. FANTASY FILMFEST accepts films in the following categories: science fiction, horror, thriller, black comedy, animation and animé, fantasy and action
2. About 80 features and 10 short films in 35mm format only are selected by invitation. Each selected film will be screened in each festival city.
3. Due to the high number of entries, they ask that the submitted work has not been shown in Germany previously. Any theatrical, DVD or video release, and any television or festival screenings in
Germany prior to the festival generally disqualify a film from entry.
4. Features and short films in any language other than English or German must be subtitled either in
English or German unless dialogue or commentary is unnecessary for comprehension and appreciation of the film.
5. The festival pays no rental fees. We choose to invest our resources in producing the best possible marketplace for your work by promoting it as much
as possible, and by closely cooperating with world sales agents, producers and buyers.
6. FANTASY FILMFEST is a competitive festival. The winner of the competition is selected by the audience.
7. There is no entry fee for submissions.
8. Every film must be seen by the programming committee in advance. A preview DVD and a press-kit must be received no later than June 19. All screeners must be labeled with the film title, running time and contact
9. All preview screeners and presskits will become a part of the festival archive.
10. If your work is accepted, they will notify you as soon as possible. Final decisions on the inclusion of all films will not be made until July 21. Upon
acceptance you will receive the official film invitation which must be signed immediately and sent back to Rosebud Entertainment GmbH in Berlin.
11. Shipping costs will be covered by the festival, unless the print is shipped to or from another festival.
In this case FANTASY FILMFEST covers oneway shipment only. In case of loss or damage during the festival, the responsibility of the festival is limited to the cost for repair or replacement of the print. The festival is not responsible for loss or
damage of film entries during shipment to or from the festival.
12. Once a film is selected, it may not be withdrawn.
Fee (USD): Free