Date: October 16 - 30, 2009
Call for Entry Deadline: August 21, 2009
1. The writer, director, producer or cast of the film must be ethnically/culturally diverse or the film must have a diverse theme.
2. Submitted films must be in one of the following genres: Comedy, Drama, Horror and Sci-Fi.
3. Submitted films must be labeled with category of genre i.e. Comedy, Drama, Horror and Sci-Fi.
4. Shorts must be no longer than 30 minutes in length. We are mostly looking for films from 5 to 7 minutes-hence "Short Cuts". 30 seconds is the shortest. No revisions or updated versions will be accepted beyond the initial submission.
5. Showcase screenings will only be shown in DVD Formats.
6. Films in competition may not have had a commercial distribution or broadcast in the United States. The committee reserves the right to waive this rule in the case of small non-commercial, non-publicized showings.
7. Submitting parties must hold complete rights and ownership of the submitted piece.
8. There is NO FEE for submitting a film to this festival.
9. All entries must be received by August 21, 2009.
Fee (USD): Free
1. Shoot behind-the-scenes footage for an Original Sci-Fi Channel Movie in Bulgaria.
2. NBC Universal Pilot Script Deal.
3. Pitch meeting with NBC or UMS Comedy Development.
4. Meetings with NBC Universal top network, studio, cable and film execs.
5. NBC Universal Talent Holding Deal for Best Actor.